Your dental enamel is one of those things you know you have but that you might not think about too often. When you come in for cleanings and checkups, however, and you ask questions about your dental hygiene and oral health, you’ll find yourself discussing it quite a lot. So, how much do you know at the moment about this portion of your tooth’s structure? Not sure? We can offer further details (or help you realize that you’re quite knowledgeable) with a quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: Of all of the substances in your body, even your bones, the enamel on your teeth is the very hardest!
- True or False: Even though your enamel is very hard, it’s also something that can become damaged. Fortunately, with some caution, you can protect it.
- True or False: If you damage your dental enamel, it’s not going to be able to grow back. While we can certainly help repair it, once it’s damaged, it isn’t going to heal like other parts of your body.
- True. Surprisingly enough, it’s not your bones that are the strongest! Your dental enamel is primarily composed of minerals and is the very hardest of any material found in your body! Pretty impressive.
- True. Your enamel can become eroded (from becoming worn down physically or from acid erosion), it can become chipped or cracked, and it can become stained. You can easily protect it with thoughtful care.
- True. Unfortunately, if something happens to your enamel, it does not have the capacity to regrow more enamel. However, we can help you fix your tooth if an injury should occur, so don’t fret too much.
Keep Your Smile Safe With Checkups And Cleanings
Come in for your visit two times a year, so we can help you protect your enamel and your overall oral health. Learn more by scheduling a visit in Prairie Village, KS by calling Robert M Browne, DDS at (913) 901-8585.