Sometimes, you run your tongue over your teeth and instead of getting that wonderful feeling you get right after a dental cleaning (when teeth are exceptionally clean!), something feels funny. You can probably come up with some very specific adjectives for this sensation and chances are good we have heard them before. As for what might be happening with your oral health to cause such textural changes to your tooth surfaces, we can help you out! Try our quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If your teeth feel a bit slimy throughout the day, this is not because you’re doing something wrong. It’s simply because plaque (known also as biofilm) coats your smile (you remove it when you brush and floss).
- True or False: If your teeth feel very slimy throughout your day or you notice that they feel a little rough when you touch them with the tip of your tongue, this might be the result of too much plaque (often a sign that you need to brush right away).
- True or False: If your mouth feels sticky and your teeth are somewhat tacky instead of slick, you might be dealing with an oral health condition called dry mouth, which we can help you resolve.
- True. A bit of a slimy feeling simply means that your teeth are coated in biofilm, which is something that happens naturally every day.
- True. When your teeth feel uncomfortably slimy or strange, it’s often the result of biofilm that you have not removed as instructed, which does not bode well for your oral health! Get back to twice daily brushing and once daily flossing ASAP.
- True. A lack of saliva can lead to dry mouth, which can leave your mouth feeling tacky and parched. Come in for additional care!
See Us For Oral Health Care
If your smile feels different but you’re not sure if something is wrong, take the time to give us a call and come in for a visit. Learn more by scheduling a visit in Prairie Village, KS by calling Robert M Browne, DDS at (913) 901-8585.