Sometimes, loose teeth are not a problem. Other times, they’re a huge problem. Do you know how to differentiate between these moments? If not, we encourage you to take some time to work your way through our brief quiz on the topic. It will help you gauge your current level of knowledge and will also ensure that you know what’s what in the world of oral health protection.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: It’s normal for a child to have loose teeth (when they’re baby teeth) because they fall out and reveal permanent teeth that have been developing underneath. However, loose teeth in an adult generally suggest a problem.
- True or False: In most instances, if you’re suffering from teeth that feel loose, it’s likely the result of advanced periodontal disease and requires you to come see us immediately.
- True or False: Sometimes, during pregnancy, shifts in hormones can lead to loosening of teeth. While this is not necessarily something to worry about, it’s always best to check with us.
- True. This is accurate. If your child’s teeth are loose, this is completely normal (provided they are baby teeth). However, adults that present loose teeth usually need immediate care.
- True. The main cause of loose teeth in adults is the gum disease problem that leads to the destruction of tissue, which causes teeth to become unstable.
- True. This is right! It might be a little scary but it’s usually nothing to worry about. However, we still suggest you come in for a checkup to be sure.
Schedule A Visit If You Have Loose Teeth
The loosening of your teeth could point to a serious underlying condition that we can help you address, which is why you should come in as soon as possible for a visit. Learn more by scheduling a visit in Prairie Village, KS by calling Robert M Browne, DDS at (913) 901-8585.