Coming in for preventive care might simply make you think about cavities and the need for a professional cleaning. However, another part of your prevention with us includes consistent monitoring for more serious concerns, such as oral cancer. Are you familiar with oral cancer screenings and the way they allow you to protect your oral health? Let’s find out! Just answer “true” or “false” with our brief quiz and you’ll see how much you’ve already learned (and will pick up any remaining details you need).
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you don’t think there’s anything wrong with your smile, then there is no need for an oral cancer screening. It’s only when you notice symptoms that have presented themselves that we consider testing.
- True or False: You should schedule your checkups like clockwork in part because this is when you will receive your screenings.
- True or False: Oral cancer only affects your tongue and the tissues you can see.
- False. Cancer can begin without developing any obvious signs for quite some time. To avoid giving it time to progress, we encourage you to receive oral cancer screenings even when everything looks and feels okay.
- True. When you come in for your dental checkup, each and every one, we will screen you to ensure your tissues are healthy.
- False. This type of cancer does affect your tongue and other tissues that you can see within you mouth. It may also affect other tissues associated with your oral cavity, such as your throat.
Protect Your Oral Health With Oral Cancer Screenings
Come in for your checkups, during which we will provide you with an oral cancer screening. Learn more by scheduling a visit in Prairie Village, KS by calling Robert M Browne, DDS at (913) 901-8585.