When you visit the store, you often see a variety of products promising a brighter smile, from toothpastes and rinses to strips. However, for optimal results, you should talk to your dentist about professional teeth whitening. In fact, we have a treatment that can help you whiten your smile from home.
Try Our Quiz on At-Home Whitening
- True or False: Our daily habits can lead to teeth stains.
- True or False: We can brighten your smile from home.
- True or False: You can use the trays and gel later in the future.
- True or False: Caring for your smile from home can keep your teeth bright.
- True. When we smoke or use tobacco products, brown and yellow stains can form on our teeth. Foods high in sugar and other starches can promote plaque buildup, which makes stains more apparent. In addition, drinks with dark pigments, such as coffee, soda, tea, red wine, and fruit juice, can leave discoloration on the teeth. Finally, poor oral hygiene can also promote plaque buildup and impact the brightness of your smile.
- True. We will send you home with a set of custom trays and a bleaching gel. Each day, you will fill the custom trays with gel and then wear them for between one and two hours a day. The total course of treatment lasts between 10 and 14 days. If worn correctly, you could potentially see your smile brightened by multiple shades.
- True. You can keep the trays and any remaining gels for touch ups down the road. Stains form over time, so these can come in handy in about six to eight months.
- True. Keeping your smile bright can be as simple as brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing every night before bed. We also suggest seeing your dentist once every six months for a checkup and cleaning.
Do You Want a Brighter Smile?
We can provide a solution to teeth stains that you can use from the comfort of your own home. Our staff can help. Contact us at our local Prairie Village, KS office today at 913-901-8345.