As you learn more about gum disease, you probably find that it’s not the straightforward oral health problem you assumed it was. It’s not quite as easy to detect as you might think, it is more destructive than you may realize, and it requires special care. The good news is that when you allow us to monitor your smile and treat issues like inflammation, it’s quite easy to keep your smile in good shape. Find out more with a quick quiz, so you know you’re doing all that you can to keep your gums safe.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you are dealing with gum disease, you will know it immediately by the symptoms that occur.
- True or False: The first step in treating a disease of your gum tissue is to brush harder and longer at home.
- True or False: When we provide a deep cleaning, we rely on manual instruments to thoroughly and methodically clean your teeth and beneath your gumline.
- False. While there are most definitely some tell-tale signs of gum disease, they might not necessarily accompany the problem. As a result, while inflammation, bleeding gums, and a color change are signs that might occur, it’s still important to allow us to monitor you during twice-annual checkups.
- False. More aggressive brushing and care will only make matters worse by causing irritation. The only way to begin fixing the problem is to visit us for a deep cleaning.
- False. Instead of relying on instruments that physically remove plaque and tartar with a scraping motion, we rely on ultrasonic technology. This means sound waves break apart the plaque and tartar for an efficient, more comfortable approach.